- April 15, 2015: Professor David Battisti is in the spotlight—"Meet David Battisti, professor of atmospheric sciences." (By Kelly Knickerbocker, College of the Environment, The Insider)
- April 14, 2015: Professor Dennis Hartmann is in the news—"Warming Pacific Makes for Increasingly Weird Ocean Life." (By Craig Welch, National Geographic)
- April 13, 2015: Congratulations to sophomore Eliza Dawson! She received an Ernest F. Hollings scholarship from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- April 9, 2015: Professor Dennis Hartmann and Affiliate Associate Professor Nick Bond are in the news—"'Warm blob' in Pacific Ocean linked to weird weather across the U.S." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- April 8, 2015: Join Steve Pool (and UW Atmospheric Sciences intern Alex Kubiniec) behind the Scenes of the KOMO 4 Weather Center!
- April 3, 2015: Professor Robert Houze and his group have had three Eos spotlights in the last year. The most recent paper is with graduate student Hannah Barnes entitled "Radar Shows Where Water and Ice Occur in Large Storms." (By Shannon Palus, Eos)
- April 2, 2015: Dr. Lynn McMurdie, Professors Robert Houze and Cliff Mass are in the news—"UW, NASA prepare for effort to measure rain, snow on Olympic Peninsula." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- March 25, 2015: Graduate student Stephen Po-Chedley is in the news for his publication in J. Climate coauthored with Prof. Qiang Fu and Dr. Tyler Thorsen—"One satellite data set is underestimating global warming." (By John Abraham, The Guardian)
- March 5, 2015: Professor Cecilia Bitz is in the news—"On snowy D.C. day, Senate hearing on the Arctic turns to climate change." (By Mike DeBonis, Washington Post)
- February 24, 2015: Professor Joel Thornton is in the news—"Scientists zeroing in on where air pollution goes in winter." (By Brock Vergakis, The Associate Press, Washington Post)
- February 24, 2015: "2015 Northwest Weather Workshop," Feb. 27-28, 2015.
- February 20, 2015: Professors Joel Thornton and Lyatt Jaeglé, graduate students Felipe Lopez-Hilfiker and Viral Shah, Drs. Ben Lee and Mike Warner are in the news—"Winter air campaign tracking how pollution handles the cold." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- February 13, 2015: Congratulations to Prof. Robert Houze! He's been awarded the Symons Gold Medal of the Royal Meteorological Society for 2014. This medal is the premier award of the Royal Meteorolgical Society, which is given in honor of distinguished work in meteorological science. The award is made only once every two years, and infrequently to those outside the UK, so this is a very high honor indeed.
- February 9, 2015: Professor Robert Houze and Dr. Lynn McMurdie are in the news—"UW testing new weather satellite." (By Glenn Farley, King 5 News)
- January 22, 2015: Prof. Robert Wood has been elected as a member of the new ARM User Executive Committee (Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Climate Research Facility).
- January 16, 2015: Prof. Cliff Mass is in the news—"Scientists react to warmest year: 2014 underscores ‘undeniable fact’ of human-caused climate change." (By Jason Samenow, Washington Post)
- January 8, 2015: Profs. Sarah Doherty, Stephen Warren, Dean Hegg and graduate students Cheng Dang and Rudong Zhang are in the news—"Epic survey finds regional patterns of soot and dirt on North American snow." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- January 7, 2015: Elizabeth Maroon and Kristen Rasmussen won Outstanding Student Paper Awards from the AGU Fall Meeting!