- November 18, 2014: Atmospheric Sciences Alumni Dinner at the 2015 AMS Annual Meeting—If you will be attending the AMS Annual Meeting in Phoenix, please join us for dinner. For more information or to RSVP by Dec. 5, contact email@example.com.
- November 10, 2014: Prof. David Battisti and Drs. Aaron Donohoe, Angeline Pendergrass and Kyle Armour are in the news—"Global warming not just a blanket – in the long run, it's more like tanning oil." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- October 21, 2014: Professor Cliff Mass is in the news—"Unusually Mild Start To Autumn Across Northwest." (By Tom Banse, KUOW)
- October 14, 2014: Congratulations to Prof. Christopher Bretherton! He's been elected to the UCAR Board of Trustees.
- October 14, 2014: Congratulations to Lauren Whybrew! She received a travel award from the UW Undergraduate Research Program to attend the American Association for Aerosol Research Conference.
- October 11, 2014: Professor Cliff Mass is in the news—"Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming." (By Bellamy Pailthorp, KPLU)
- October 7, 2014: One of the Top 10 Most Read JAS Articles over the last 12 months was written by Prof. Dale Durran and Mark Gingrich entitled "Atmospheric Predictability: Why Butterflies Are Not of Practical Importance."
- September 25, 2014: Affiliate Associate Professor Nick Bond is in the news—"El Nino and warm water 'blob' affecting Northwest weather." (By Glenn Farley, King 5 News)
- September 17, 2014: Dr. Tami Bond has received a 2014 MacArthur Fellowship—Dr. Bond received a UW multi-disciplinary PhD (Atmospheric Sciences, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering) in 2000 on black carbon aerosols.
- September 15, 2014: Prof. Cliff Mass is in the news—"Experts predicting warmer fall, winter for Western Washington." (By Josh Kerns, MyNorthwest.com)
- September 10, 2014: Profs. Dennis Hartmann and Cliff Mass are in the news — "Climate conference paints a mostly gloomy picture". (By John Dodge, The Olympian)
- September 4, 2014: Prof. Dale Durran received special recognition at the 16th AMS Conference on Mountain Meteorology for "innovative and fundamental contributions to the understanding of orographic airflow, including pioneering applications of numerical models."
- August 28, 2014: David Battisti, Qiang Fu elected AGU fellows. (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- August 22, 2014: Nick Siler (graduate student) won best student presentation at the AMS Mountain Meteorology Conference in San Diego. Congratulations, Nick!
- August 21, 2014: Adjunct Prof. Ka-Kit Tung and Visiting Scholar Xianyao Chen are in the news — "Cause of global warming hiatus found deep in the Atlantic Ocean." (By Hannah Hickey, UW Today)
- July 29, 2014: Congratulations to Profs. David Battisti and Qiang Fu! They have been elected as Fellows of the American Geophysical Union. This is a tremendous honor, extended to only one in a thousand AGU members every year.
- July 18, 2014: Congratulations to Affiliate Faculty member Bradley Colman in being elected to the Washington State Academy of Sciences. Brad is currently Principal Program Manager at Microsoft, and formerly the Meteorologist in Charge at the National Weather Service headquarters in Seattle.